Friday 28 March 2014

Thinking ahead

Although there is still plenty of time to think about our oral presentation I am already having thoughts on how to present mine.

Due to the fact I am currently cruising around the world, being there in person is not an option. Also because of the wifi being so bad I won't be able to do it on Skype. I will however be able to do it over the phone using the one situated in my cabin. 

Although this Is not ideal it is the best option for me , both Paula and I have discussed it and feel this is the way to go. 

As part of my presentation I want to create a slide share, I find the ones Paula does for the campus sessions really informative and helpful so I feel I want to do something similar. Also if the phone line cuts out which it has a tendency to do, or the signals really bad atleast my audience will have something to look at and focus on while we're reconnecting. Moreover I think it will help me in the process of creating the presentation and enable me to present something that makes sense from start to finish. 

I know I'm thinking very far ahead but in my working environment I feel I need to be one step ahead as circumstances on the ship can change very suddenly. 

Once I have concluded my findings and finished the professional inquiry I will start to form the slide share and during its work in progress will post certain parts and hope for some constructive feedback. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. We have had presentations from people over the phone /skype before because they are working on a ship or very far away from Hendon! I think that sending a power point or something similar before hand that you will talk through is a good idea. that way you can keep track of the points you are making and if you do cut out for a moment we can see what it is you are talking about. It is great to be planning a head.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adesola

    Thanks for your comment. I had a brief oral feedback session with Paula over the phone yesterday and this confirmed that I will definitely be sending a presentation ahead. Several times it cut out and a few times I couldn't hear her. We powered through and had a productive chat however as you can imagine the interruptions were rather frustrating! I have 8 sea days during our world crossing at the beginning of may so will be devoting those to my presentation preparation and will hopefully have a power point or slideshare set up by then!
    Thanks again
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete