Monday 25 March 2013

Task 6A

Tools of professional Enquiry!

It is a daunting task of creating pilot surveys, interviews, focus groups and an observation. Having not done this before I am coming into this task very unaware as to what I may find.

I have got two evenings this week set aside to meet up with a few members of my SIG Mel Brown and Chelsie Johnson, in order for us all do our pilots. I am currently in the process of designing them and finding it harder than I thought. I am hoping that by engaging in this activity with my SIG members we can compare and contrast results, as well as discuss our findings. By doing this we can support each other and also explore which tools we plan on using within our Inquiry.

I have decided that as well as taking notes during our sessions I will record the interviews and focus groups so that none of the information is lost in transit! Although these are just pilots I want all the information gathered to be as reliable and valid as possible.

Due to the nature of my Inquiry from the research I have done I feel that observations are an irrelevant therefore I will not be conducting a pilot observation as not only is it a waste of my time it will also be a waste of the participants. I feel that observations can be very valid in other areas of research for example teaching however in these circumstances I will not be using observation as one of my Inquiry tools.

I am looking forward to the outcome and will blog it asap. I am also interested to see how other people experience the inquiry tools and will keep an eye out to read those blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment